Tuesday 8 March 2011

Little Miss Grumpy

I spent last night arranging child care for Jack this afternoon as I was going to be in court again.  I also had to rearrange my appointment for parents evening tonight as I knew that I could possibly be in court all day.

This morning, I hit the ground running so that I would get to court on time.  I arrived at court, windswept and interesting (very windy today) only to be told that the trial I was a witness to, was not on the list.

source
I couldn't believe it!  The court official went off to find out what was happening and came back about 15 minutes later to say that the case had been cancelled and rescheduled for JULY!!! I could have screamed!

This is the second time I have had to attend court only for the case not to be heard.  It is frustrating to say the least and I am seriously beginning to wonder why I bothered.  It is no wonder people don't take our judicial system seriously when the courts themselves don't even bother to let witnesses know when there is a change of plan.  I am so annoyed! Can you tell???

source

I am sure this is a ploy to make me forget what I saw but that makes me all the more determined to keep it at the forefront of my mind. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Now Lynne, calm down girlie.  Repeat after me - in with the love, out with the hate, in with the love..........
Phew, I feel better now.

On a happier note, it's Pancake Day today  (nom nom nom) and I will have to wait til about 9.30pm for mine as Holly is home at 3.45pm, just in time to get changed then out again from 4 til 9.15pm.  Busy busy girl so of course, I can't have them without her cos she would kill me!  Or maybe we will just have them tomorrow as Wednesday night is one of the times that Holly doesn't have to head out again.

source

That'll be something nice to look forward to :-)


10 comments:

  1. you sometimes wonder @ the legal system in this country.
    Those seasoned crims would have known the trial was off - the lawywer would have made sure of that!!
    But not the wee folk.
    Ho hum - have bought stuff for pancakes myself - will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some pancakes! And that would seriously piss me off to show up for court and them not call to tell me it was cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is annoying!! Pancakes make everything better!! Beautiful pictures! : ) Have a good day and thanks for stopping by http://LYLASandCo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For goodness sake, that is just NOT funny, is it. Surely they could have let everyone know that it wasn't going to be on today. Pants! But at least you have your pancakes to look forward to later this evening. Mmmm! I just love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to be pissed Lynne and I would certainly let them know about it.
    I love pancakes with pecans mixed into the batter. My wife likes them covered in strawberries or peaches and then whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - I know, it is so not fair. He probably watched me walking up the road too. Grrrrrrrrrrr!
    JM - me too. Yum.
    Elle - Very annoying but pancakes will cheer me up
    Thisisme - Yeah I definitely wasn't laughing!
    Odie - mmmm strawberries with whipped cream....de lish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should be able to bill the courthouse for the day, plus the cost of pancakes for two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had someone arrested years ago for exposing himself to me and my toddler daughters. On the day of the trial I waited to be called as a witness, only to be told that they had made a plea bargain. He never spent as much as one night in jail. And he's not on the sex offender list for our town, either.

    I feel for your frustration!

    I follow you on ExposeYourBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nari - lol the court official did suggest that I go and have breakfast and claim for it but I was too annoyed to eat!
    Dirty Butter - OMG that is terrible, so not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the not informing you part thing about your case. Hope the pancakes were delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...