Wednesday 25 May 2011

Pay it forward




Last week I was given an award I'd never seen before. Cool innit?
I was given this award by two bloggers, Odie over at The Simple Life and Somnia at You are Loved.

Odie was one of my first followers and always left comments that were positive and encouraging. I guarantee if you follow him, no two posts will be the same. There are recipes, pics of bbqs by the lake, videos of animals doing the funniest things and lots more. He is one of the most positive people I know and it's catching.

Somnia is a young girl who is still deciding what she wants to do with her life. She is crazy mad into her music, a very clever girl and someone who nearly gave up blogging because of family pressure. When she disappeared I was gutted because it was clear that being able to blog really helped her get stuff off her chest. But she's back, so check her out.

The rules are that you have to post the award at the top of the post (check), refer to the blogger who awarded it to you (check) and pass it on to 5 other bloggers.

Kellie is an Alaskan girl who has moved to Wisconsin and has a small hobby farm. She has 3 lovely kids, one who has just graduated and soon to leave home. Her farm is truly beautiful and it's never a dull moment there.

Cathiey comes from Ireland and is mum to 3 children. Her kids are her world and in her words she has "one fab teen, one gorgeous girl with cerebral palsy and one amazing boy with aspergers. Cathiey is just lovely and she has even tried to teach me the ways of Twitter which I am so rubbish at!

My crazy life
Julie is a fellow Scot and a mad as a box of frogs! I have known Julie for quite a few years now after meeting her at a Unique conference, We hit it off immediately and we both have the same wicked and warped sense of humour. She has 3 lovely kids, one who has special needs but his condition is undiagnosed.

I wasn't blogged yesteday
B is a lovely lady from Australia who blogs about anything and everything. She has an enquiring mind like me and her posts often make me laugh. If you haven't been to her blog yet, then you don't know what you are missing.

Absolutely Narcissism
Sandra is one of the funniest girls ever. You always get a good laugh at her place.She talks about everything and anything and she can be so rude! Her husband and kids are her favourite subject and she has loads of followers. If you don't follow her already then you should. The best therapy ever!

Well that's it for today my little gigglers. Have a good one.


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the well deserved awards and thanks for coming to my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words and I do hope you, Holly & Jack are all well and happy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award Lyndy. :)

    And yay! New friends to read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some good choices to give it too. Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award some new blogs for me to go and check out thanks for that, really I mean it thank you it is not like I find new blogs to read most days.........ok it is like that but really I love reading blogs so I do mean thank you.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mynx - thanks. The party was ace :)
    Odie - yes we are good, hope you are too
    SkippyMom - new friends are always good
    Bouncin' Barb - I thought so too
    Jumble Mash - awww thanks :)
    Jo-Anne Rambling - LOL you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh I'm late for the party!! lol

    Thanks for the award Lyndy,I love coming over to your blog too :)Wish we lived closer so we could chat endlessly over a cuppa and I could listen to your accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I gave you the award but Congrats, you deserved it and after what you said about me and the other bloggers I know I made the right choice in choosing you :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this and hope to see you back on Twitter soon :) And I love that you've passed it on to so many different bloggers - looking forward to checking them out x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! and Hey how nice of you to pay it forward to me! Now how do I move it to my blog? I tried copying it, but that didn't work? Obviously I've never received one of these so I have no idea!! Talk about computer bumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. IWBY - oh I wish that too!
    Somnia - aww thanks hun
    Looking for Blue Sky - You are very welcome
    Kellie - I was the same as you til I eventually figured it out.
    How to do it: right click on the award image and a menu comes up. Click on copy image url. Once you have done that go to your new post and then right click again, click paste and hey presto it should be there :) Let me know if it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete

Laughter is the best medicine and it's free. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...